Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Be kind, or else!


















I only just learned that last week was Random Acts of Kindness Week, designated as such by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation. To be certain that my eye-rolling was justified, I consulted good old Webster's, which assured me that the word random means that which occurs or is done without careful choice, aim, plan, etc. So this is a rather ill-informed holiday. Further, I question the institutionalization of kindness, as the potential for corruption in such an organization is boundless.

It just so happens that I was randomly kind last week, and now I worry that the individual to whom I was kind might think that I did so only to obey a direct order. And thus, I take back my compliment, Max. I do not think you would be handsome as a starlet's fur coat.

2 comments:

Moondog said...

There must be some kind of rule that male cats surrounded by female cats have to be rude. I still do not like Comma.

Jody said...

Some believe Blanche DuBois actually said, "I have always depended on the random kindness of strangers."