Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dick Armey damn glad he's not married to Joan Walsh

I kid you not. During what was intended to be a somewhat respectful political discussion just now on Hardball with Chris Matthews, House Republican Dick Armey interrupted Salon editor-in-chief Joan Walsh by saying something to the effect of "I'm glad you're not my wife so I don't have to hear you prattle on all the time."* As soon as a link to the video or transcript is available online, I will prove it to you. What a classy guy!

I just checked wikipedia to see if Armey actually has a wife, so that we could send her a sympathy card. I found no mention of a wife but did discover this delicious morsel, where in an episode of Family Guy, Peter meets Dick Armey and makes fun of his name, asking if his wife's name was "Vagina Coastguard."

UPDATE: *The actual quote was even pissier than I recalled: "I am so damn glad that you could never be my wife cuz I surely wouldn't have to listen to that prattle from you every day."

As promised:

No comments: